As you may have noticed, my most recent review was just a little over three months ago, and it was a review of a book I’d read two months before that. So, obviously, I’m very behind. But now that I’m on Christmas break, I plan to catch up. So here’s where everything stands with the book challenge, and with my plans for the blog:
- I’ve read 93 books this year, working on the 94th. So while I was behind on reading the last time you heard from me—and for the better part of this year—I’m more or less back on track now.
- If you’re keeping track, the above figure puts me exactly FIFTY (!!) book reviews behind.
- To deal with the excess of reviews, I’m planning to do mega-posts of mini-reviews. I’ll be putting together a post of books 44-50, and then following that the rest of the reviews will come in tens (51-60, 61-70, 71-80, 81-90). The posts will likely include book summaries and maybe a paragraph of my thoughts on the book. From there, I hope to be able to give the last ten books the typical review treatment.
- I also have a saved post of Profs out of Context which I’m hoping to put out soon, but I don’t plan to do it until I’ve handled all the backlogged reviews.
- And of course, I’ll be putting up my Year in Review, hopefully on New Years Eve if I finish reading before then (I probably will).
The first set of reviews should be out sometime later today. So keep your eyes peeled for that!